Thursday, May 3, 2012

New friends, new place, new job, I'm loving it!

Tonight was the movie night with my new friend Mindy, and some of her friends. The others hadn't shown up yet when I got there, so she and I sat and talked for a while. She introduced me to her dog Rico...the most adorable, gangly, HUGE puppy I've ever seen (except for maybe the great dane puppy I met in Mexico in 9th grade). Anyway, he's pretty awesome. :D He's a white golden retriever, which was also a new thing for me, because I'd never seen one of those before. :D

We got to watch the Goonies, which in and of itself is epic, so you add awesome people to an epic movie, and you've got an epically awesome night :P. It was such a good experience, and I'm really looking forward to Bible study with them on Tuesday :).

Work today was also better than it has been the last few weeks. Because we open tomorrow afternoon, tonight was sort of an orientation for the guards. I gave them a tour, showed two of them how test the water, had them fill out all of their paperwork, etc. It took a lot longer than I thought it would because I was still trying to work out all of the kinks myself for how the rotation was going to go, and things like that. Hopefully tomorrow night runs smoothly enough. All in all, it was a very good day. And with that I'm going to say, good night :D.

No comments: