Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Conversations with God

Over the past few years, I have noticed that when I pray, the answer usually comes immediately in the form of a voice inside my head. It actually started when I was at CSUN, when it told me to transfer to Biola. Since then I have heard it tell me to stay at Biola, even though I didn't want to, to pursue Gallaudet and ASL, to not quit working at the YMCA, to not pursue a job at Disneyland, and whacked me upside the head for trying to go somewhere else to pursue God instead of using what he had provided me with already. Today, I argued with this voice, because it was not giving me the answers I wanted. Instead of giving in, it just said "trust me." That is one thing I have a very difficult time doing, but there's no point in praying, getting what I think is an answer, and then ignoring it because I like my plan better. It's a process, but I think one that will turn out for the best, especially because the voice does not seem to be misleading me. I think it's the voice of God answering my prayers and guiding my decisions. Lord help me to follow your direction, cuz it sure is hard.

No comments: