Monday, March 7, 2011

Lent (take 2)

Last year was the first year I ever thought about observing lent. (I say thought about because I never actually gave up that extra hour of sleep in favor of going to chapel :P) In an effort to replace bad habits with good ones, this year I think I'm going to give up all forms of t.v./movies that I am not required to watch (I say those I am not required to watch because this semester a fair amount of my homework includes watching movies based on the books I'm reading and comparing the screen writer's interpretation to my understanding of the book). I have been staying up late to watch them, and have used them to procrastinate on my homework. I also have a lot of unread novels, as well as unread non-fiction books sitting on my shelf that it would be far better for me to do instead of vegging in front of the t.v. Therefore, as of Wednesday, not only will I be off of Facebook (a project that started last night) but I will also be separating myself from my media addiction :P. I'm actually excited about it :D.

No comments: