Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Student voting limited?

I just read an article on Yahoo! that said the Republicans were going to try to put in place certain restrictions on student voting because "students just vote their feelings." (the point of the article was to say that Republicans were trying to reduce the democratic vote by not allowing college students to vote in a state unless either they or their parents had permanent residency there, among other things. The reasoning was the previous quote by the House speaker that students only vote liberally because that's what students do. They don't have life the life experience of adults to make informed decisions. you can read the full article here) I'm really hoping this was a misrepresentation of what the House speaker said, but I can't find any conservative based articles on it. Can someone help me out here? (On a side note, it was really hard for me to find information from conservatives on the recent ruling to eliminate federal funding for Planned Parenthood too. Are issues like this just not of that much concern to the conservative side or something? It seems like a pretty big deal to me.)

No comments: