Sunday, March 27, 2011

Improvements

I am now "unofficially" a member of Calvary Church Santa Ana. :D All that's left is for the Elders to approve my application. I'm really happy about this. The last few days I have been getting up really early (like this morning I got up at 7, yesterday at 530, Friday at 430, and Thursday at 5). I actually really like the way my schedule is turning out. For the first time since October I went to the early service before I had to be at kids church at 1030. While getting up early has been difficult, and makes me really tired around 5 pm or so, it also makes it easier for me to gets tuff done during the day, and I really appreciate having my evenings now :).

I also realized something today. I was sitting in the sanctuary, and it just kind of hit me. I have been thinking and planning about all of this cool adventure stuff to pursue when I graduate, mostly with the intent of growing my walk with God, and I have been completely ignoring those resources that I already have. It felt lie kthe voice in my head was telling me "I have provided you with so much, I am caring for you, and all you want to do is leave it all behind. Be satisfied for once and stay where I have put you." This also made me think about why I am at Biola.

When I decided to transfer, it was mostly because I got accepted to Torrey. When I thought I didn't get accepted, I wasn't sure if I should look more seriously into Masters, which would have left me in the CSUN area. Then, when I found out three days later that they changed their minds and I was in, all thoughts about staying in the area went out the window. Now, after the constant struggle I have gone through to do well, and trying to figure out what exactly it is that they want from me, I wonder if God had them change their minds, not because it's so all fired important that I am in Torrey, but because it's important for me to be in Orange County. God knew that I woukd not transfer without that acceptance, so He caused it to happen.

That's not to say that I should not be in Torrey, because it's still an amazing program that's giving me a great education. I just think that everything recently has pointed more to Orange County than to Biola. From my internship lately, to interpreting for Amber, as well as the possibilities I know are available for furthering my ASL interests, it does not seem like I am not where I am supposed to be. Things are getting good again (sort of, I'm still struggling to connect with people, but now I'm so busy that it's not as big a deal :P) and I'm looking forward to what God has in store for the next year :).

No comments: