Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Power of His Name

Have you ever stopped to think about why you have a bad attitude about something? Maybe you're having a bad day, or maybe you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Whatever it is, sometimes bad moods seem to come along for absolutely no reason. I thought about this lately, and realized that they are in fact forms of satanic attack. I'm serious. While I was in England, there were some days when I couldn't stop questioning; why this? well what about that? which inevitably resulted in me not being able to really enjoy those days. Then one day, I thought, why am I asking what if? What if will not change things when I get back home. The situation is what it is, so I can learn to deal, or I can be miserable. Of course, as soon as I had decided that whatever outcome I was questioning I would be satisfied with, I started questioning it again. That's when I decided to try something. I said "Satan, in the name of Jesus, leave me alone!" (I was pretty angry at this point because this particular round of questioning was happening during a play we were watching and I wanted to enjoy it) you know what? the questions stopped, and a feeling of joy, like I've never felt before, filled me. I was happy. Not just content, but truly joyful. It was a wonderful feeling. Since then I've tried it on several other occasions, when I seem to get angry at something for no apparent reason, or when I'm just moody for no real reason. It works every time. It's not magical or mysterious, it is, plain and simple, the power of Jesus' name.

No comments: