Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Decisions

I'm gonna speak in generalities here, because I don't want to give too much away, as I don't know what my decision will be, and I don't want the choices to sway the advice my readers give. :) Ok, so as you probably guessed, I have a decision to make. It just came up out of the blue today, but it's really bugging me. I've thought a lot about it, and prayed about it, but can't come up with an answer. So, I wrote out the problem, the reasons for the problem, the possible solutions, and the reasons why the solutions are solutions. I also wrote out a question, a very big question, and I don't know the answer to that either. The question has to do with how I've handled situations in the past, and the the fact that I don't like how I handled them. If the answer is yes, then I know what choice to make, but if the answer is no, then I'm back where I started. Also, I listed out all the pro's and con's of each option. Now, the pro's of option A way outweigh the con's, and the pro's and con's of option B are about equal. However, my favorite pro of option A is not guaranteed by any means, in fact, it's very unlikely, but since it could happen, and would by the grace of God, I had to list it. It's also one of the main deciding factors. I know you guys can't help much, not really knowing what I'm talking about, but if you could give me some advice, I'd appreciate it. :)

1 comment:

Dad said...

Honey, just remember that most decisions made in haste are based upon emotion and not wisdom. Use what you know to be true about God's principles in the Bible and trust
God's ability to communicate with you through His Word. Also, seeking counsel from people you trust is often a very good thing to do.

Mom