Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Science

Alright, here's a question for you science people. When I was home schooled, my Mom did a section in science about how the continents used to be all together. Apparently, that is one theory that creation and evolution sort of coincide on. I guess. Now, today in my geology class, my teacher was talking about that,and she said that they used to be together, but it's taken hundreds of millions of years for them to be in the position they are now in. I know that the earth is not that old. However, the continents really do shift super slowly, so that if they did used to be together, it would have either taken one huge cataclysmic event, like a mondo earthquake, or a LONG time for them to get where they are. How does this work? It doesn't seem like it would be a theory supported by creation.

2 comments:

Libby said...

There are Old Earth Creationists. I know of at least one who teaches at Biola, and whose opinion on Scientific matters I highly respect.

Dad said...

It probably happened during the Flood. The bible says the fountains of the deep opened up. Maybe the one continent split at that time to allow water to come from underground. You should contact Institute for Creation Research. Dr. John Baumgardner, who I know from when I was working with Campus Crusade for Christ, works with them now, he has been working on a
model to explain this question for a long time. www.icr.org, at the bottom, click on "contact ICR"