Friday, January 25, 2008

small world

Last night I had my first Fundamentals of Pub. Speaking class, and part of the time we were paired up so that we could interview each other and then present our partner to the class, as a basic first speech. Amazingly enough, the guy I got paired up with was named Ryan Mafnas. There was a Ryan Mafnas on my high school swim team. I recognized the last name, so I asked him what high school he went to. Turns out, it's the same guy. So we got to talk a little bit about the coaches, and laughed some about how they were always yelling at him to stop whatever it was he was doing that he wasn't supposed to be. Which is really why I knew the name. He got on Varsity his Junior year, and didn't hang out with any of the kids that I did, so I didn't know him, but I did know the name. He didn't know me, so it was kind of a nice surprise. :)

1 comment:

Libby said...

That's pretty funny, Abbey!