Saturday, January 12, 2008

Lame-O

At least that's how it seems. I laid around the house and did not leave all day. I didn't exactly do nothing, I stained my new belt, made and cleaned up funnel cakes(they actually worked!!! :) ) cleaned up the dog messes outside, and played with patches a little bit. But for the most part, I slept, and sat in front of the T.V. In my defense, I did try to get a hold of one of my friends and do something, but since she was gone all day, I didn't really leave the house. I do that sometimes at school too. Like on the rare occasion when I didn't have work, and my classes were canceled (I think that happened once) I slept until 2:30, and then did nothing else all day. I just didn't feel like it. Either that, or I had nobody to do anything with. Now I'm sitting here at the computer and again am doing nothing. Granted, it's 9:30, but it ONLY 9:30!!! My conclusion? I have no life. Problem? I'm tired of having no life. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to fix this problem, please let me know!

2 comments:

Libby said...

One of my favorite things to do during breaks when I was in college was to read. I loved having the time to read for the enjoyment of it. Re-reading favorites, and finding new favorites was a very rewarding way to spend the summer and January breaks. Sometimes I would take a blanket over to Serrano and read down there. But even if I didn't get out of the house, I didn't feel lame for spending so much time reading. It made me feel good to get through so many pages of fun books. And I didn't feel like I'd wasted my time; it always felt much more fulfilling than sleeping, watching TV, or surfing the internet ever did. You might pick an author that you know to be good (C.S. Lewis won't let you down, for example) and read as many of his books as you can.

ACMe said...

Thank you, that's a good idea. I wasn't sure if reading would help, but it's worth a try. :) and taking a book outside somewhere is a REALLY good idea! I forgot that you did that, but now that you mention it, I remember thinking that I should do that. :)