Sunday, October 28, 2007

help?

A few of my friends here at school at liberals. Or at least democrats. I was raised conservative republican. That in and of itself, just the knowledge I mean, can be a cause of friction. However, it's usually not, except when they start to talk about politics. Then I have no idea what to say. They are both Christians, but have VERY different views on the presidency, and particularly the war, than I do. I have talked to my dad about it, and he tried to answer my questions, as I don't normally pay attention to politics(it's not my "thing" you see :) )but just asking him what to say isn't helping enough. Either I don't remember what he says, or they bring up something more that I didn't ask him about, and therefore don't have the information to begin with. So, can you guys recommend some websites(I don't have radio, and I don't really have the time to watch the t.v. when the news shows are on) that I could go to to read up on a) some of the causes behind the war, because I know it wasn't just an invasion tactic, because Bush is war happy. b) presidential candidates(as the election is coming up, I should probably know something about who I am going to vote for before I vote for them :) )and c) any random political issues that could become major topics of discussion in the future, or anything at all so that I don't sound dumb when trying to say something about this particular area? I would REALLY appreciate it! thanks! :)

4 comments:

Possum said...

How much of your time and effort do you want to invest? Take care, it can suck your life away. I'm quite tired of it, myself, and we're not even to the primaries!

Here are a couple of Biola blogs I follow. I'll let you know if I think of any more.

http://mereorthodoxy.com/
http://www.scriptoriumdaily.com/

Gabe would probably have a pretty good list of blogs to check. I'd shoot him an e-mail, as he may only read your blog through a feed (thus not commenting), or not even know about it.

ACMe said...

thank you!!! :)

Possum said...

Oh, Touchstone Magazine's blog also has occasional political commentary from a broadly conservative perspective.

http://merecomments.typepad.com/merecomments/

Possum said...

You're welcome!

I use an RSS feed to keep track of the blogs I follow.

Google Reader is a good one.