Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday cooking

I got a lot of cooking done today :)

New try-Bacon wrapped fish with pesto. It really is quite easy. I made the avocado pesto that is absolutely delicious, and completely something I can have, then just put some on one side of the tillapia, and wrapped two slices of turkey bacon around it. The recipe I found said to fry one side, then flip them and put the pan in the oven. Since I don't have an oven safe frying pan, I just put them in a glass baking dish. I imagine they might have turned out slightly better if left in the pan, because the baked side didn't turn out nearly as pretty as the fried side, but they should still taste great!



Aren't they pretty?

In addition to that, I made gluten free, egg free, turkey meatballs. They taste delicious, and again, no forbidden ingredients! Sadly, I don't have a picture of what they look like, because I put them in the crock pot to add meat to my boiled dinner before I thought about taking one, but they do look and taste amazing! I tweaked the recipe some, because I left out the arugula, and didn't cook them in tomato sauce at all, but the results were delightful! :) They were pretty east to make too, so I'm pretty sure I'll be making them again :).

No comments: