Friday, January 10, 2014

Elimination diet take 2

So, remember that elimination diet I was supposed to be on in December to help me test for food allergies? Well, with all of the holiday stuff, it just didn't happen. Now here we are in January and I am a week in to my second attempt. It's not easy. Especially the first few days, I was practically starving. I didn't follow it as strictly as I should have due to the extreme hunger that eating only fish or lamb or turkey and vegetables leaves you with. However, I do feel like I'm starting to kind of figure out how to make this work. And I've begun to notice a difference.

For the first time since I can remember, getting only 6 hours of sleep is not a death sentence. I mean, yes I still sleep for 12 hours if I don't set an alarm, but getting up with the alarm is not as much of a struggle as it usually is. I have more energy in the morning, and am still mostly able to keep going at the end of the day. The gym is more enjoyable, and I have more motivation to get things done than I have in a really long time. If feeling like a normal person is the result I get, then this is totally worth it. The only other time I ever remember feeling not tired on a regular basis was when Dr. Stillings gave me those vitamins. But they made me sick, so it really wasn't worth it to keep taking them. I have three more weeks on the restricted diet, and we'll see what happens after that. Hopefully the results will be in my favor. For now, I'm just glad that I am feeling better. :)

2 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

The starving feeling means you need more fats! Butter your vegetables, eat bacon, put a whole avocado in your salad. Yummy and you'll feel a lot better. :)

AbbeyM said...

Thanks for the tips! Is there a way to find dairy free butter? I'm not supposed to have any dairy right now...