Friday, September 21, 2012

Count your blessings

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Or so the old saying goes. But how often does that actually happen? Instead, we want to spend our time either complaining about our circumstances, or vigorously planning the best way to change the situation. But how about this, instead of running away or giving up, why don't we face it head on? I know that is something that I struggle with a lot. I don't like for life to be difficult. I'm also a planner. When you put the two together, you get my brain coming up with ways to change whatever it is I don't like about my life. And usually that involves something that ends up making my life harder. I don't mean that I shouldn't be responsible, shouldn't work hard, shouldn't do the best I can to work through any given situation. What I am saying is that instead of worrying about it, accept it for what it is. Learn to wait, and learn to see God. I don't very often stop and pay attention to the way God has provided for me because I am so busy trying to rush on to the next thing. "Sometimes, you have to stop and smell the roses." I think that's more true than a lot of people know, but its a truth that is hard to accept. Thank you God for your provision in my life and the way that you make yourself known to me. Your blessings are new every morning.

No comments: