Sunday, May 20, 2012

Peace

I did nothing on my day off today. That is, nothing productive. And I'm okay with that. I took a drive, and did nothing but waste gas, and you know what? I'm okay with that too (because the car still has plenty of gas in it, I have no where far to go for the rest of the week, and more money coming on Friday. The current price of gas here doesn't hurt either :P). I spent all $10 of my spending money for the week, and I spent it on Starbucks, things from the dollar tree, and desert for tonight. And I'm okay with that. I relaxed, walked around the botanical gardens in Fort Worth, took a TON of pictures, came home, and watched a movie. I did not get the room I wanted, why? Because I was tired. I assumed that the guy I was going to rent from would get my voicemail, and I would be able to turn in the money today. I was wrong, but I am okay with that. I think I am beginning to learn that most things do not carry the importance that I once thought they carried. It doesn't matter if I stay where I am for the rest of the summer (as it appears I'm going to) because I have a roof over my head, and food on the table. Am I sad that my car's bumper looks ugly? (due to an accidental run in with a huge rock :/) Sure I am. But it only affects the car cosmetically, and since it's not going anywhere any time soon, who cares if it's not as pretty as it once was? I have peace about the decisions I made. God is using this experience to grow me exponentially, in ways that I never imagined He would grow me, and as hard as it is sometimes, I am grateful that it is happening, and I am learning to appreciate the peace that comes from simply not worrying all the time. It's out of my control for the most part anyway right? ;)

No comments: