Saturday, May 5, 2012

the little things

Because, after today, I need to focus on the good things about being here, rather than the bad, here's a list of all of the things I like so far.

It's still light at 8 pm

Gorgeous thunderstorms

people I don't know referring to me as "ma'am"

making new friends

Watching the Goonies with said new friends

Pigeon peas

sleeping in until 8:45 (or 9:30 on weekends)

lots of open countryside

horses and cows not 5 min from where I live

life guards who are willing to help me out, just because I need the help

people I don't know offering advice on where to live (and where not to live)

Texas accents

Cattle drives

Cowboy hats

The water gardens


1 comment:

thmoot said...

When things don't go exactly
the way you would like, it helps to focus on the things that do. (It's signed "Gabes Dad" because I don't know how to change it.