Saturday, May 3, 2008

On a Happier Note

I saw Moulin Rouge for the time on Sunday. I LOVED IT!!! My friend Kate has it, so she let me borrow it, and I've watched it a couple of times now. The music is amazing, and although the storyline is sad, the acting is wonderful. Kinda silly in parts, but it's not the kind of silly you're supposed to take seriously, it's the kind of silly, that knows it's dumb, and just does it anyway to make you laugh at how stupid it is. While I'm doing a sort of movie reviews post, I might as well talk about P.S. I Love You too. Sweet story line, complete surprise ending, at least in part, and the acting is pretty good. Some content, unfortunately, and not all of it is flash backs of her and her husband, but it's rated pg-13, so I guess that's why. Love it. One of my new favorite movies. Another good movie, Enchanted. Cute. No, more than cute, adorable. Charming, family friendly. Everything you'd expect a good old fashioned Disney movie to be. Except it's not old fashioned. :P Girly movie though. The guys are probably not gonna wanna watch this one. Course, then again, all of the movies I'm talking about right now are chick flicks, so that last comment doesn't really apply. Ummm, I guess that's all for now. :)

2 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I wouldn't call Enchanted a "girly movie". Gabe really enjoyed it, as did the husbands of a few friends of mine.

sarah marie said...

Abbey, I really liked Enchanted too - and so did my husband Nathan! :) He laughed so loud at some of the funny parts.