Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Car dealerships couldn't care less about you...

Especially if you don't have a lot of money to spend. I was looking online the other day, and went to a website that gave me the option of searching for cars by a certain price range. It gave me a listing of a 2000 Camry with 80,000 miles on it. Since the price range I was looking for was not higher than 5,000, even though the listing said to contact the dealership for the price, I thought it wouldn't be much above 5,000. The dealership called me later the same day, and I went to go look at it. The funny part is that I was mentally preparing myself for not buying the car, because I knew(or hought I knew) that they would do all they could to get me to make a down payment for the car right then, and then finance me for the rest. Little did I know that since I have very little in Savings, and don't make very much a month, they couldn't care less about me. When they found out my situation, they practically shooed me out the door. They weren't rude, they just made it obvious that I wasn't really worth their time. I had a hard time not laughing as I left.

No comments: