Thursday, February 14, 2008

shoulda done this sooner...

Last weekend I went to The Block for a deaf social event. It was AMAZING!!! I was scared at first, but met a couple of people that were also ASL level 2 students, so we kinda stuck together. Man, all of those people signing was intimidating!!! Then the people I was with left, so I was on my own. So I just walked up to someone, and said hi. We started talking, and he was a student too!!! Actually, as it turns out, most of the people there were students!!! Man they were good! Course, they were all like level 3-4, but still!!! Anyway, when I found out they were students too, it kinda eased the tension a little bit, but at one point I was standing by myself being shy, cuz the person I had been talking to walked away for a second, and someone else sort of scolded me for being shy!!! He was like "you're just standing there by yourself, come here and talk with us" I said I was shy, and the other people there were like "don't be shy! He's the nicest guy we know!" all in all it was a very good experience, and as long as I have some place the spend the night(like last weekend I stayed with my friend Lauren) I think I might go back.

No comments: