Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Eloping

Not me, you would all know if I had a boyfriend or not. :) My roommate Lizzie is planning on getting married on Friday. She's only 18, and her fiance isn't legal. They were originally supposed to wait for two years, and get married June 2009, but she needs money, and will get a bigger Cal Grant(11,000 in stead of 4,000) if she's married. He needs citizenship. So they moved the date up to this Friday. However, he's not going to be moving up here for like another two years, so basically they'll be married on paper and that's it. I've tried talking her out of it, but she's pretty set on doing it. The other problem? they only met last summer, and didn't start dating until the end of October(I think). So, pray that the situation works out? :) I also brought this up as prayer request at Bible Study tonight, and some of the adults asked for her number so that they could talk to her about it. I told you they're wonderful. :) So, yeah. Bad situation, with hopefully a better outcome than what it now looks like.

No comments: