Saturday, October 13, 2007

The time of your life

Or not. I'm all alone this weekend, as Jackie, Lizzie, and Shameka are all gone. So, I'm left to entertain myself. Plans? so far, I've slept all day, gone to Ralphs, and been an usher for the Play "The Time of Your Life". Oh, and you can't forget getting to watch Blood and Chocolate. Good movie, if you don't mind the violence, and dark themes. So, for tomorrow (or should I say today?:)) the only plan I have is to somehow make it to the mall, or Ross, or Target, or somewhere to shop for my friend's birthday gift. As far as the play goes, I think CSUN just has some weird ideas of entertainment. So far, both plays have been odd, something I've never seen before. "As it is in Heaven" was the first one, a play about a Shaker community in the mid 1800's. Mostly just creepy because it was a lot like the crucible.(or had the same feeling to it anyway) Girls seeing angels, and actually being possessed, the elderesses of course not believing them, and punishing them. Then to play tonight. I was an Usher because it meant I got to see the play for free. And I had one more play to see for my theater class. So, it wasn't really about anything. People just got together in a saloon, and hung out. It took place during the depression, so it kind of depicted their lifestyles, but they were all sort of random characters. Except for the people trying to look for work, they all had some sort of pain in their past, or present, to deal with. It was interesting, and at least not creepy, but it was kind of boring.

No comments: