Thursday, October 18, 2007

OY

college life=frustrating and confusing, and a requirement to be an adult and make the right decisions, but it's hard to know sometimes what the right decision is! When it's easy to know, then I know if I make the wrong one, it's all on me, but it's rarely easy. :( frustrating? as much as possible. Little homework, till I'm going somewhere for the weekend, then I have a lot of it. Why? I think it must be a conspiracy theory. Decisions? you betcha. Mostly how to spend my money, so that I'm still saving, but am allowed to do some fun things with my friends. This costs money, and I do have it, so the choice lies with "Do I save, with the hopes that if I save enough, I'll be able to pay off my loans by the end of the year, every year, so I won't have debt to pay off when I graduate?" or"Do I go with the instant gratification, and spend the money, but hopefully not too much, so that I'll still save a little, but be able to do what I want to?" So far, it's been the latter, but I know it should be the former. Although the latter doesn't seem like an altogether evil choice does it? As long as I'm not spending more than what I'm making right?

2 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Abbey, want a suggestion? Sit down and look at how much money you're making, what your "essential/required" expenses are, and what your loans are for the year. Then, based on that information, make a decision about how much money you can and think you ought to save toward the loans. Anything else can be "budgeted" toward fun stuff. That way you'll have thought it out once and it won't be stressful anymore - you'll simply know how much you have to spend on fun stuff and when it is gone each week/month, it's gone. :)

Good luck! Becoming a grown-up is challenging, isn't it? Just to encourage you: Gabe and I pray for you quite often.

ACMe said...

thank you, I appreciate it! :) the suggestion helps too. :) Love you!