Saturday, October 20, 2007

Oh happy day!!!

Today was the day I got to celebrate my birthday (granted, a month early) with my two best friends, Lauren and Jenny. I went down to Huntington Beach to Lauren's house, and met up with her and Jenny at the train station Fri. night,(no work that day!!! yay!) and then today we went shopping (I should add that we went to the pier and had hot chocolate at Ruby's last night also). I got some cute new clothes from kohls, for fairly cheap because they were having a sale, and then we ate lunch at the Cheesecake factory, which, thankfully, was not too overpriced. :) Then disaster struck(well sort of) We decided to go into this make-up shop, jsut ot look around, and see how things were priced. So, Lauren and Jenny thought it would be fun to have them do our make-up, so we asked them, and the lady asked which brand we wanted(they had everything from covergirl to bare essentuals). I chose bare essentauls, because I had tried it on once before at a Macy's kiosk. Since I had told Jenny and Lauren about it, they decided to try it too. So we tried it on, and the lady is trying to sell it to us right? so Lauren asked how much the starter kit was,(this includes three brushes, a how-to dvd, 2 foundations, blush, bronzer, and a what they call a mineral veil. The answer is $60. Now, this is not really a bad price for how well this make-up works and for the amount that comes in the starter kit, but still, it's a lot of money. I'm already to say I don't have that much money, but thanks anyway, and Lauren just asks me how much I do have. I tell her, and she says to go ahead and get it, but not only that, to also go ahead and get a thing of eyeshadow($13) she went ahead and got some for herself, as well as two eyeshadows, and (since Jenny's shade didn't have a kit, she had to get hers separately, which cost a lot more) so the whole thing cost $280!!! for make-up. Now, Jenny and I DID help pay for about $60 of it, but still! So, basically, by disaster, I mean Lauren got in her money spending mood, and spent $90 dollars on us, or almost that, if not quite. She did say it was our Christmas gifts though, so I guess that justifies it slightly, but still. So, I went expecting to have a few new clothes, cheap tho, and came away with $86 dollars worth of make-up that is supposed to last me about a year. It's a really good brand though! It really works so that you can't tell that you have it on, and supposedly, it's good for your skin, because it's all minerals, so it ex foliates while it's on, and won't break you out. Worth it? Definately, if you have the money for it. But I am grateful to her for buying it, because I never would have been able to afford it myself, no matter how much I like it. :)

No comments: