Sunday, October 7, 2007

Catalina

Gorgeous, serene, exciting, and fun. What else can I say about it? For me, going to Catalina for the first time was such an adventure. For starters, I don't get motion sick right? well, my stomach decided differently on the boat ride over. Now, the only other boats I had been on were the Staten Island Ferry, and a paddle boat in Big bear Lake. The Ferry was so big that I didn't feel the motion of the waves, and the lake water just didn't get very rough, so That didn't make me sick either. But let me tell you, riding that boat to Catalina wasn't terribly fun. I felt pretty sick, so I just slept through most of it. It didn't help that the water was kind of choppy either. When we got there, we unloaded the boat, then ate breakfast(we were supposed to go over on Fri. night, but the wind was too high, so we went on Saturday morning instead.)They make GOOD food(for a camp at least) It's a small camp, so they just had food on every table, and we shared. I got to hang out with my friends Carrie and Kate, and Carrie and I played Ping Pong with our other friend Lindsey. Hahaha, I suck at ping pong, so we had to keep chasing the balls, but we laughed and had a good time. The speaker was AMAZING. He had stories that fit each and every message perfectly. The theme of the weekend was "Heroes" So he talked about how we can be heroes for God. It was really easy to connect with the messages, so it was fun and easy to listen. We went snorkeling then, after lunch. The water was cold, but they had wet suits for us, so it wasn't too bad. The water was REALLY clear too, so it was easy to see fish, and other things, like kelp, and other creatures that didn't seem like fish, but animals in disguise(when we over by some rocks, I think I saw something moving, but didn't stick around to see what it was because it looked big, and gray, and bumpy, almost kind of like a moving, elongated rock. Needless to say, we got away pretty quick. :) ). On fri. night, they had a 70's dance party, and we played Mafia. Because my camera is a lame face and decided to delete pictures on its own again, I only have about 10 pictures all together, but you can see more here, (all of Friday's pictures got deleted :(, and since it was acting up, I was afraid to take more, so all I have are Saturday's pictures), but here you go.










That's me, Carrie, and Kate









and the ping pong tables










here's a view of the cove we were in









yeah! that's our group,all CSUN students. apparently, this is the first year in while that there's been more than 12 kids from CSUN(there were other schools there too, and a church)












Here's the Cross they had set up at the top of a hill. I t ha a gorgeous view, and was a nice place to sit and think.

Catalina. I think I might be going back in the spring. :)

No comments: