Monday, October 8, 2007

baby steps

so, in a previous post, I talked about how over the summer God used the camp I went to to help me to let go of some major anger issues, then how He used the church I'm going to to help me understand the reason for the situations I was in that caused the anger in the first place. In comes Intervarsity. I went to Catalina this weekend with the chapter on my campus, and had a blast. I had fun interacting with new people, and going to Catalina was, of course, amazing, but the best part of the weekend, I think, was Saturday night. The speaker had been talking about we should be heroes of God for the people around us, and he showed a video of a father who made it possible for his disabled son to complete an Iron man. The analogy there was supposed to be "we need to be like that dad, and help other people to overcome obstacles in their lives, through God" but God gave me a different analogy. He showed me that He was the Dad, and we were the crippled one, who needed help to cross the finish line. Now, even though I am a Christian, I really haven't been acting like one very much. I had basically decided that God was NOT going to be the center of my life because he allowed the situation that caused the pain right? so why should I let him make any more decisions? I realized this weekend, though, how flawed that thinking really is. So, now that I've given up the anger, realized the reason for the cause, decided to make a serious effort to put God first in my life, and start having quiet times, I think I'm finally headed in the right direction.

No comments: