Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How?

I have made some decisions in my life that I regret. We all do. Now I am doing my best to correct that decision by working hard and paying off my debt. But here's what's frustrating. While my job pays for everything I need it to, and for that I am grateful, it does not pay for much more than that. So what do I do? I look for a second job. And it looks like I might have one in a month or so (apparently it takes a while to become a substitute for the school district). However, I know from personal experience that once I start working more, I'm not going to have the desire to much more than sleep on my days off. By the time evening arrives I'll be ready for those activities, but forget about any kind of serving during the day. It's not going to happen. So how do I join my strong desire to get involved with a deaf ministry somewhere with my need to work? And if I don't work, well, then the money that is necessary to drive to the locations I am aware of that serve the deaf (most are closer to Dallas than Fort Worth) is not there. So how? I feel like God has been telling me to get involved, but so far I don't see how to make it work. Perhaps it is a faith issue on my end, and I mean, honestly, if God is really telling me to get involved, then He will provide the money for me to do so. But, my hesitation comes from not being certain that He is telling to do it right now. It's not like I'm not serving. I'm involved in Awana, so I am doing something that I feel strongly about, I just have such a desire to work with the deaf right now that I want to pursue it. And yet I don't know how.

No comments: