Monday, May 28, 2012

On Memorial Day

It seems like it would be wrong to post about anything else today. :) I love Memorial Day. It has so many memories for me, from playing softball with my family, to going to Disneyland when I was in High school. One of the things I remember most about it was simply spending time with family. Getting together while Dad barbecued, and working on the shopping list with Mom the week before so that we have all the ice cream ready, I think, are my favorite memories. But more than that, I love that it is the day when America comes together as a family and remembers those who have given their lives for our freedom. Taking a day to spend with family is great, but taking a day to thank those who died so that we could spend time with family is even more important.

No comments: