Friday, May 25, 2012

Days like today

It's days like today that make me wonder. Was it worth it? Not having the same memories as my friends, not having the same experiences, was it worth it? Was it worth it to leave? Was it worth it to change everything, even if for something that I really wanted? I want to say yes, and most of the time I will, but on days like today when what I missed out on really hits home, it's not as easy. I want to cry, because I worked so hard, and yes I still earned the ring, and I still earned the diploma (both of which will be coming in the mail in the next few weeks) but I missed out on the opportunity to celebrate that accomplishment  with my friends. I chose to leave, and I believe that was right. But sometimes it's hard to remember that. Today is one of those times.

No comments: