Saturday, March 12, 2011

bad idea

Unfortunately, my idea of giving up visual media for Lent has quickly become a very bad idea. Instead of just giving me more time to focus on activities I should be doing, it has made me anti-social. Since this is a problem in general that I must constantly fight, I sure don't need any help in making it worse. :P The problem is that both of my roommates love to watch movies/tv. In fact, if there is downtime, that's probably what they are doing. This has lead to me hibernating in my room to avoid seeing the tv, because I know of no other way to follow through on this particular Lenton principle. Therefore, I'm switching :D. Superfluous internet surfing has also become a bad habit, and since I cannot say that I am completely giving up the internet (due to my internet classes and the fact that most of my contacts with school related things happen through e-mail) i will instead give up that part of the internet. Essentially it just means that instead of surfing the internet late at night, I'll (hopefully be sleeping). Basially, what I'm trying for is some kind of balance, because I have a tendency to allow time wasters to be far too much of a focus. I'm trying to get rid of them. So, new goal: give up unnecessary internet activity. :)

No comments: