Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Will you please?

School has been going well :) I'm staying on top of things so far, and not getting too stressed out (yet :P) Work is slowing down and becoming less stressful, and with fewer people in the park tempers are not as short, and I don't get yelled at as often, which makes for a more enjoyable shift. :) I like my roommate(she's pretty awesome, actually) and I've had no trouble re-connecting with Mark and Taty. Session is harder, but it's good for me. I have to really pay attention and focus, I can't let myself zone out and expect to be able to come back into the discussion and have anything important to say. I like it. :) The thing is, with as well as everything is going, I'm feeling discouraged. It is hard, so I have to work at it. I'm getting tired, and knowing that life would be easier if I just gave up and went back home doesn't help. The biggest thing is that of the people in my life I've heard a lot from those who don't agree with my decision, those who don't see the point in me being at Biola, or more particularly, involved in Torrey. I got to hear, on different occasions, just how much they wish I went to community college. and only focused on ASL. All they said regarding my education was that they think I can't do it, they think I can't succeed at Torrey, so why should I push myself, if all I'm going to do is fail? I haven't heard much from the other people,(except for Alex :P) and at this point, I kind of need a cheering section, because I'm starting to believe what I'm being told, that I should quit, that Torrey isn't for me, and that I should just go home.

2 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Re-read what YOU wrote:

Session is harder, but it's good for me. I have to really pay attention and focus, I can't let myself zone out and expect to be able to come back into the discussion and have anything important to say. I like it. :)

And then stop listening to the naysayers.

Anonymous said...

I have four words for you. Women. Of. Faith. 2010. You need to go next year, and if I had the power I would MAKE you go, because I FULLY believe it would help you in more ways you could ever imagine. It did me. It is not cheap, BUT it is more worth the money than anything I have ever paid for. Do it, and you won't regret it. September 10-11, 2010.