Tuesday, March 24, 2009

fun times :P

I got called in to work tonight, so I told them yes, cuz who would turn down the chance to make money right? I had nothing going on tonight anyway. :) I got a parade shift, which basically means that I got to stand somewhere and tell people which direction to walk, while being yelled at by those same people because they want to walk the other way. Not too bad, my voice is almost gone from all of the yelling, and one of the other cast members was flirting with me the entire time. It was actually really funny because I wound up trying to explain my Torrey paper to him, and thus Torrey, and how we read all this classical literature and then discuss it. When I mentioned Aristotle, he said "Oh Aristotle, he was the guy who invented the telescope right?" and I said, "nooooo, Aristotle was a philosopher" his response? "But he was in Astronomy too right? He was the guy that discovered that everything revolves around the sun." I'm having a really hard time not laughing at this point, trying to explain who Aristotle was, and that it was actually Galileo who discovered that everything revolves around the sun. It was kinda cute though, cuz I think he was trying to impress me. Gave me entertainment for the night anyway, until he asked if I had a boyfriend. I was actually smart this time and just said "it's complicated" but still, why is it that all of the guys I might be interested in at Biola I don't have a relationship with, and every guy I'm not interested in is so curious to know if I have a boyfriend or not? *sigh* life can be so frustrating.

No comments: