Saturday, February 23, 2008

I like to Bowl!!!

As a child, group the home school group I was with had a bowling day every Monday. I went because my mom wanted me to go, and I got a chance to socialize with my friends, but hated the part about bowling. When I got into Jr. High, I just stopped going altogether. I wasn't any good at it, and the only real friend I had there had stopped going too, so what was the point? I haven't voluntarily gone bowling since. Until Thursday night. There's a bowling alley near by that had Deaf Night on Thursday, and some of my friends were going, and it was a chance to practice my ASL, so after my last class got out at 9:30, I drove over there. I wasn't sure if I would actually bowl, but I did and it was a lot of fun!!! Not just the socializing aspect, but the actual bowling. I'm better than I was when I was 10, (although not by much :) ) and even though I didn't do very well, I was really able to just shrug it off and have a good time, instead stressing about the fact that I was doing pretty bad (40 pts in the first game, and 65 in the second). All in all, it was a fun night. :)


P.s. speaking of deaf events, if anyone is interested, March 8th is deaf day at Disneyland. :)

No comments: