Monday, November 5, 2007

Ugh

What a weekend! I had this requirement for my ASL class to go to a deaf social event by today, and write a one page paper about it. I had two weeks to get it done. I wasn't all that worried, because I thought there would be several. I was wrong. No one showed up to any of the ones in Northridge, and I didn't know of any others very clsoe by. The only thing I knew of was a deaf expo in Ontario. (FYI, Ontario is about a 2 hr drive away, not bad when you have a car,, but muder on the buses and trains.) So, my plan was to get up at 9 am(yes, 9 am on a Saturday:) ), take the bus/subway to Union station, then the train to Ontario. I overslept though. I woke up at 11, and decided it was probably okay, because according ot their website, there was a train at 12:50, and 1:20. I was rpetty sure I wouldn't make the 12:50 train, but I htought I could make the 1:20 train. I got there at 1:35. They told me that the next train didn't leave until 3:25. They didn't tell me that all the trains on the San Bernardino line were running 30-45 min. late. So, technically, I could have made the 1:20 train. Since my trains was, like all the others, late, I didn't actually get to Ontario until 5:30, and the convention center by 5:45. hat left me with 15 minutes to talk to some deaf people. It counted, and I got the paper turned in, but seriously, couldn't they have told me that the other trains were going to be late so that I could have gotten on one of them instead? Oh yeah, and on the way home, I didn't get back to my stop on the orange line until about 9:30. I thought that the buses weren't running anymore, because that's what the timetable said. So I called someone to come pick me up, and while I was waiting for him to get there, a bus pulled up. Way to go Public Transportation. Cheap, but no where near reliable. Thankfully, I should only have to deal with it for a few more weeks, as I'll hopefully be getting the care after Thanksgiving. :) Other than that, I had a great weekend hanging out with my friends from home, and picking up fall decorations from Joanne's. :) Happy fall guys! I like fall, it's a perfect time of year, not too hot, and generally not too cold. Wonderfull, except for those stupid fires, but that's another story.

No comments: